Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 15

I was happy to see new snow this morning. This means that I can finally wear my Yak Trax over my runners now that the snow is deep enough. Running on deep snow is comparable to stomping on soft cushions. Previous to last year I ran without these additions right through the winter but having them on gives me a little more confidence when running on ice. Sometime soon I will have to give up my routes that go up into the steep hills. No sore muscles yet from running at least 8km/day. However I do have inflammation in my TMJ on the right side of my jaw which is causing a lot of pain. There are a number of facial exercises that I have been practicing and have to take a few drugs at night. This problem has surfaced two other times in my life. On Saturday I went snowshoeing for an hour by myself while the rest of the group went cross country skiing. What I accomplish in an hour would be more like a two hour trek for some other people.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered the YakTrak's . . . good stuff. They are awesome.

    Sounds like a great run.

    ReplyDelete